The Honor a Teacher program offers an excellent way to say “thank you” to a teacher who has made a difference in your life or the life of a child. The program provides a way to show appreciation for the work of teachers who have dedicated their lives to education.
This program is a way to recognize
- First-year teachers as they begin their careers
- Teachers who have done or are doing an outstanding job
- Retiring teachers
- Memorial for a teacher
Benefits of the Program
Honor a Teacher gives individuals and groups an opportunity to make a donation to Back To School Teachers Store in honor or memory of an outstanding teacher who has made a significant difference in the community, the life of a child or their life.
These donations help fund Back To School Teachers Store and keep our shelves stocked so teachers in Muncie and Delaware County schools can shop for free classroom supplies for students.
How to Honor a Teacher
To honor a teacher who has made an impact in your life or a child’s life download this PDF, fill it out and mail the form and check to:
Back To School Teachers Store
Please make check payable to the ‘Back To School Teachers Store’ for $100 or more.
What happens after a donation is made?
- A letter and certificate of recognition, suitable for framing, are presented to the teacher stating that the teacher has been honored and who has honored the teacher. The honored teacher’s name will be included on the Honor-A-Teacher Recognition Wall at the Back to School Teachers Store.
- When the Back To School Teachers Store receives a donation in memory of a teacher a notification letter will be sent to the family of the honoree. The letter will state that the teacher has been memorialized, as well as, who has remembered them. The memorialized teacher’s name will be included on the Memorial Wall at the Back To School Teachers Store.
- The donor will received a tax-deductible receipt for their donation.